Still more journals -- Week Three of Sue B's class

Week Three's journals were pretty quick to make. In fact, I decided to start by making two, the first of which I will send to my friend Kyra.

The cover of Kyra's journal is a Jane Sassaman fabric I've had in my stash for a long time. I used a purple and green polka dot to line the inside of the front and back cover.

The second journal, which I'll probably keep, has a cover made of some chartreuse and turquoise fabric I dyed a few weeks ago.

I added pockets made of handmade paper, lots of cotton paper and watercolor paper pages, and a few tags that I painted with watercolors to both journals. Also stamped a few pages with handmade and purchased stamps.

Both journals have cord and beads for the binding.

Sue B's journal making class has been fantastic. I highly recommend it. If you are interested in taking it, check Sue B's blog at http://suebleiweiss.typepad.com/

Now I need to get back to quilting. No more journals (until we get next week's assignment!)

Comments

Cda00uk said…
I love the colours - and the beaded binding!

Celia
Liz Plummer said…
These are beautiful and I love that trees stamp!

Haven't got round to this week's journal yet, been too busy screenprinting...
Fannie said…
Just beautiful, Heather!
Alis Clair said…
Mmmmm, turqoise is my favourite colour at the moment so guess which is my favourite.
The are all fantastic though. I do love the colours you use.