New Work

Since I returned from Carol Soderlund's dye class, I've been busy dyeing fabric (of course!). The first quilt top was made with my new hand dyes (and one Moda marble):

It's not as wavy as it looks in the picture -- the uneven edges made it very difficult to pin up (as did my injured hand). It will look much better quilted.

The next top contains my new hand dyes, with the addition of a Moda marble and 4 commercially dyed batiks:

I started piecing this top with P & B black and my own hand dyed and batiked fabric. However, it was looking very "Halloween-ish", so I added some commercial prints:

I have 9 client quilts in the queue, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to quilt these....

I've been feeling very inspired since my trip to the Crow Barn. Even though I didn't take a class from Nancy herself, the place was crammed full of inspiring colors, patterns and designs. This weekend I'm off to San Antonio (actually Pipe Creek, west of SA), for a class with Susie Monday. And another great big dose of inspiration!

Comments

Kim S said…
Looks like your having fun!!!
Love the quilts, Heather! Great to see the hand-dyes in action. I've dyed some fabric, but haven't made anything with it yet. . .
Stitchwhiz said…
I like them all. My favorite is the first one it has a great fractured look. I look forward to seeing these in person.
Jacq said…
I love your quilts. The colors and designs are wonderful.
Norma Schlager said…
Great colors and great quilts! I especially like the wonky feel of the first one.