Workshop in Pipe Creek

I just got back from another one of Susie Monday's wonderful workshops! This one was on markmaking, and involved two days of deconstructed screen printing, monoprinting, gelatin printing, stamping and screen printing. On Sunday afternoon, we showed off our newly printed fabrics:

I loved some of the fabrics I created. The pieces below were all created with deconstructed screen printing, and the one on the right has been overdyed in blue:

Susie has a great studio, with wonderful facilities for dyeing and painting. We had dyes, paints and screens spread all over both the studio and her driveway:

The weekend also involved lots of great food, good music, swimming and just hanging out, enjoying the fabulous view from Susie's deck:

I left San Antonio on Sunday, and spent the rest of the week with Kyra in Austin. We always have a great time together, and I got a few strips sets pieced as well.

It's always good to come home, though. I missed Brian and Boomer. And my garden:


Check out Susie's workshops! They are great!

Comments