New Work

I had planned to spend the week quilting.  Really, the pile of "to be quilted" tops has gotten totally out of hand.  But I walked into the studio Monday Morning, feeling fresh and strong and, unfortunately, feeling a strong urge to piece.  Just a little.  After all, if I pieced on Monday I'd have the rest of the week to quilt.  

So I started this piece:
Fifth Quilt in the Figure Exercise, 48" x 30"
And of course, I didn't finish it Monday.  I finished it late Tuesday afternoon.  On the plus side, I am now officially tired of this figure.  It won't tempt me any longer.

So I walked into the studio Wednesday morning, fully intending to spend the rest of the week quilting.  I actually made a couple of backs for the larger quilts in the pile.  And then, I started to think about what I would piece next, when I had made a dent in the tops pile, of course.  I certainly didn't intend to start another quilt.

Except that I did.
Fourplex, 37" x 37"
Oh well, two more tops in the "to be quilted" pile.  Maybe I'll do better next week...

I'm linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday and Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.  Go see all the wonderful work there!

Comments

Quilt or Dye said…
Quilting is just not the same fun as piecing, is it?!
Nina Marie said…
LOL! you need to get yourself some elves that come in the dead of night to quilt up your tops! Still love the ones you created this week!
Unknown said…
Looks great! I've been trying to use more solids lately- I love the way you put colors together, and using solids really makes the colors glow!
These pieces blow my mind......I'm a wanna be abstract quilter...but you've nailed it!!!
These tops are wonderful...glad you decided on this over quilting...
KelQuiltz said…
Heather, really LOVE the newest direction!! The quilting urge will come when it's ready ;-)
Sylvia said…
LOL, what a fun story! This happens to me all the time. BTW, love the two new tops!
Norma Schlager said…
I love these tops! You have a great sense of color. I like to piece, but I also like to machine quilt and I quilt each piece as it's done, but you are probably more prolific than I am.
Beverly said…
Love your use of color and free form piecing- these are just wonderful!
I love your fourplex piece! The quilting will happen when you're in the mood - or when you have a deadline.