A Really Good Day

Yesterday was a really good day.  I went to the Cowtown Farmer's Market, ran a few errands and worked on the SAQA volunteer booth schedule for International Quilt Festival.  SAQA will have a booth near their exhibits, "People and Portraits" and "Text Messages," and I volunteered to solicit the volunteers to man it.  So if you are a SAQA member, will be attending the show in Houston and would like to volunteer, e-mail me and I'll give you a time slot.

When I sat down at my computer to sift through the volunteers' e-mails, I found one from IQA (International Quilt Association, who run the Houston show) that I had won a cash award for Tuning Fork #11.  I'm a winner!
Tuning Fork #11, 2013
I won't know which award it is until the official awards ceremony, but frankly, I don't care which one it is.  Being a winner at International Quilt Festival is a big deal whichever it is!

Brian and I celebrated both his birthday and my win last night.  It was a wonderful wonderful day!

Whoooo hoooo!

I'm linking this to Nina-Marie Sayer's blog.  Go look at all the cool stuff there!

Comments

mad elena said…
Woohoo! You deserve a BIG reward! Congratulations!
Jaye said…
You already know how I feel about your win but just want to say it once more!!! Congratulations!!! That is so fantastic...and so deserving!!!
Colleen Kole said…
Oh my- congrats and how wonderful my friend!
How great--congratulations!!
Stitchwhiz said…
Yay Heather! Hope I can get to the show in Houston this year. Still uncertain. Congratulations!
Anonymous said…
Wonderful!
Norma Schlager said…
Congratulations! I love your work. I'm wondering if we are in the same category. I am Art Abstract. Large. How about you?
Heather Pregger said…
Yes we are!

I look forward to seeing you in the Winner's Circle, Ceremony!
Norma Schlager said…
Great! I look forward to meeting you, too and seeing this fabulous quilt in person.
Julia Graber said…
Congratulations! I'm glad for you. I really like your "turning fork" series. I remember some of my uncles using those tuning forks to get the pitch of the songs that we would sing accapella.
LA Paylor said…
This is a big woohoo! I so love your quilt,and look forward to seeing it in person. Maybe we can meet in Houston. Make sure to tell me when you'll be at the saqa booth.
LeeAnna Paylor