Snow!

I grew up in the snow belt, along the shores of Lake Erie, so you wouldn't think I'd be very excited to see snow.  Indeed, my oldest friends and my brother in Ohio are all complaining about the abundant snow fall so far this winter.  And I sympathize with them, really I do.  But other than one really nasty ice storm, and several episodes of very cold rain, we have had a boring, snowless winter.  I like snow, as long as I can view it from the inside of my nice warm house.  So imagine my delight when I woke up this morning and the world had turned white!
It's noon now and there are still snowflakes falling from the sky.  I love it!

Brian sent me flowers last week.  Aren't they lovely?
And Boomer decided that I wasn't going to leave home to make the presentation at Dallas Area Fiber Artists.  At least not without him.
He is sitting, by the way, on the very first quilt I ever made back in 1980.  And the other bin is topped by the antique quilt that stirred my interest in quilting.  It's an antique "robbing Peter to pay Paul", and Brian and I received it as a wedding present in 1979.  I was fascinated by that quilt, so much so that I bought a book on antique quilts.  No instructions, just picture after picture of beautiful quilts. After looking at all of the pictures, I decided to learn how to make a quilt and signed up for a beginning quiltmaking class.  One of the best decisions I've ever made!  Quilting has brought me a great deal of pleasure during the last 30+ years, from my traditional beginnings to my current art quilting career.  I can't imagine life without quilts!

Comments