Goodbye, February!

February is over.  When I lived in Cleveland, Ohio, my hometown, February was the longest month of the year.  Despite it's 28 day length, by the end of February, every northeastern Ohioan was sure that the cold, cloudy, snowy, grim month would never end.

February in Texas is a totally different proposition. We don't have endless gray skies and frigid temperatures, we have gray skies and frigid temperatures alternating with days of sunny, summerlike weather.  It can be very confusing.  For example, the high yesterday was 84.  84 degrees!  Brian and I worked in the yard, cutting back the roses and cleaning up the flower beds.  But this morning, it is 24 degrees and snowing.  As I said, very confusing.

I had a very busy last week of February.  Monday featured two fiber group meetings, one in the morning in Fort Worth and one in the evening in Dallas.  I did a quick facing tutorial at studioQ (Fort Worth).  At the DAFA (Dallas) meeting, Deborah Boschert taught us how to make fun, funky feathers.  Really wonderful!
Deborah teaching her feather class.
Before
Rhonda's and my feathers -- cool!
At the meeting (after the workshop), Sue Benner gave an inspiring presentation.

On Tuesday morning I headed to Round Rock for a long overdue visit with Kyra.  We had a fabulous time catching up, and managed to get some sewing in.
Teeny yellow tuning forks for TF #13
 I also started a new tuning fork project.  Here's a glimpse:
TF #18
I'm home again, just in time for the snow.  It's good to be inside!

Oh -- and I received word that Tuning Fork #12 has been accepted to the American Quilter's Society show in Paducah, Kentucky.  It's the first time I've entered a quilt in the Paducah show, and I'm very excited!

Three of my quilts were accepted into "The Art of Fiber," the annual DAFA show.  I'll have more details on that show later.

See, February isn't all that grim after all!

Comments

LA Paylor said…
oh happy dance!! I've been accepted into Paducah and it felt like I won already!! Congrats!
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com
Heather Pregger said…
Thank, LeeAnna! I am dancing the happy dance!
Jaye said…
Feathers are cool! Looks like a studioQ workshop!