studioQ Report

The Fort Worth fiber art group, studioQ, met at Cabbage Rose last Monday.  As always, the best part of the meeting was "show and tell."
Rhonda
Jay
Kay
During the meeting we revealed our 8th color challenge pieces.  Our prescribed palette was, in my opinion, very rich, and I liked my piece very much.  You can see it here.  We layed all of our pieces, both fabric and paper, on a table and I really thought I took a picture of them.  But, alas, no.  So you'll have to take my word for it, they were really wonderful, every one of them.

I have been working hard this week on Tuning Fork #22, as well as the studioQ 9th color challenge. I had planned to quilt a larger quilt top this week, but instead I'm hoping to have Challenge #9 pieced and quilted by Friday.  I like the small piece I put together yesterday.  Today I am working on TF #22.

A friend of mine, Sandra Palmer Ciolino, sent me the link to a blog post by Kathy Loomis about Form, Not Function.  She talks about the abstract pieces in the show, including the best of show winner and my piece, Tuninig Fork #6.  You can read it here.

Comments

Colleen Kole said…
Very nice review of your work Heather!