Work from last week

The ice storm in North Texas gave me extra time to visit with my friend Kyra.  But Tuesday morning, I took a chance and headed for home.  After a slightly icy drive, I'm very happy to be back in Fort Worth.  And extremely happy to be back in my studio.  Today, I unpacked my bags and looked over what I'd done last week.  Amazingly, since I spent two days at QuiltCon and several days socializing with friends, I got quite a bit done!
The piece I needed to finish is on the left in the picture above.  Once I finished that, I dug into a box of scraps from a bullseye quilt that I've been working on for the last three weeks and put together a series of small improvisational studies.  I enjoyed making them so much, that I have to admit I am not ready to get back to work on the bullseye.

Oh well.  I'll get back to the bullseye tomorrow...

Comments

Maria Shell said…
The sketches are play the Bullseye is work. I would always rather play. It was great to see you and those new sketches are terrific!