Lots of Quilting and Lots of This and That

I've had a furiously busy week.  I started by quilting 5 small pieces and one large one.  The small ones are two (2) 12" x 12" schist quilts, one KAWS challenge piece for our SAQA group and Tuning Fork #34 and Tuning Fork #35.    Tuning Fork # 35 is on the bottom right.  I made it to donate to the SAQA Spotlight auction.  It's very small (6" x 8") and will be matted, hence the rigged up matting over the top of it.  I wanted to see what it would look like matted.
 I originally intended to trim Tuning Fork #34 to 12" x 12" and to donate it to the SAQA Benefit Auction, but I liked it the way it is. So it ended up 14" x 15".  So instead of SAQA, I think I'll give it to the IQF Silent Auction at International Quilt Festival in November.  I'm very happy with this piece.
Tuning Fork #34, 14" x 15"
I also quilted a piece that I intend to submit to Dinner@8.  But I can't share photos of that...

Last weekend, I attended the bi-monthly meeting of the North Texas SAQA group.  A number of us had finished our KAWS challenge pieces.  You may remember that the SAQA group toured the KAWS exhibit at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, and were very inspired by his poppy, graffiti-esque work.
Members brought other things to show as well.  Carolyn is showing us her beautiful plum.  Gorgeous!
After all of that quilting, I felt the need to piece.  Here is a tease:
I'm linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall FridayFriday Fabric FrenzyConfessions of a Fiber Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.  Go see all the wonderful work there!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad you didn't cut #34 down. I especially like the movement of the colors and shades/tints. It would all have been lost with trimming.
Vera Holmgren said…
Thanks for sharing, I really admire your art!
Marianne said…
Magnifiques travaux Bravo