The North Texas SAQA Circle Meeting and a Big Surprise!

Saturday was not only my birthday, it was also the monthly meeting of the SAQA North Texas Circle.       It was a great meeting!  Several new members attended and lots of wonderful work was shown:
Jackie with her beautiful piece. 
Carolyn's small shibori piece was mounted on canvas.
Jay showed several gorgeous pieces.  I loved them all, but this one was my favorite.
It was announced that Jay is the newest Texas SAQA representative.  Congratulations, Jay!
Kara showed a flamingo quilt.
Jay and I drove to the meeting together, and I never realized that she had smuggled cupcakes into the car.  Can you imagine a better way to spend your birthday than with a bunch of fiber artists?  I can't!

When I got home, I found my husband had been very hard at work decorating the house in my absence.  It was like walking into a 60s wonderland.
We had a lovely dinner at my favorite restaurant.  Turning 60 isn't so awful after all!

Comments

Jaye said…
Great blog!! Sounds like you had a very memorable Birthday! A good way to start off the next decade!!